john at johnivanoff.com
Senior Web Developer and Administrator with 15+ years experience leading and supporting the design, implementation, and ongoing administration of enterprise applications and associated systems, including databases and programs based on Ruby on Rails. Supports all aspects of software development initiatives, including design, testing, and final rollout of software systems to production environments. Notable professional achievements in web application design and support includes:
- Developed applications to provide auto dealers a more efficient method of listing and managing their inventory, including search engine optimized dealer websites, a robust inventory management system, used vehicle inventory integration, a lead management system, and advanced reporting analytics.
- Reduced load times by developing page speed optimization, established more effective testing protocol using Rspec and Cucumber, and added new features by integrating multiple web services that use Restful or Soap.
- Worked as the lead programmer of the company’s fastest growing profit center which leases a web-based management tool called BE Fleet, enabling customers the ability to track equipment and access invoice information; deployed a UK version ahead of schedule and white-labeled two more service applications.
- PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES:
- SOAP, REST, HTTP, FTP
- MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, CouchDB, Mongo, SQLite, Redis
- OPERATING SYSTEMS:
- Mac OS, Windows, UNIX, Linux
- GENERAL SOFTWARE:
- Microsoft Office, Apple Numbers, Apple Pages, Adobe Creative Suite, Slack
- DEVELOPMENT TOOLS:
- Git, Sublime, Atom, SAAS, Selenium, Docker, Cucumber, Scrum, Page Speed, YSlow, Sass, Keyword Tool, webpagetest, Code Climate, Textmate, Jquery, RSpec
Confidential, Plano, TX (Internet/mobile services for vehicle dealers) 2015 - Present5
Senior Ruby Developer
- Support all aspects of software development lifecycles (SDLC), including requirements gathering, system specifications, development, testing, and final releases to production environments.
- Debugged a primary service application, which had a 30,000-line code base, resulting in the return of many lost customers.
- Created application performance enhancements through Ruby optimization, including reducing the number of partials, optimizing queries, and moving Ruby functions to the database, resulting in increased speed and maintainability, and enhanced ease of adding new features.
- Led a project to update customers’ sites to be more responsive and display on multiple devices from a single code base, significantly improving page speed and optimizing SEO - an effort that translated to customer growth and increased revenues.
TEKSYSTEMS HEALTHCARE, Addison, TX (Healthcare IT services and solutions) 2014 - 2015
Web Application Developer for a GE subsidiary
- Directed requirements gathering sessions and the creation of technical, business, and process deliverables needed to established application development deliverables.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to gather operational requirements and translate customers’ business needs into stable, supportable technology platforms
- Configured and enhanced web applications, and provided user community support for existing web applications, including patching security vulnerabilities on a healthcare scheduling web application.
ACIG INSURANCE GROUP, Dallas, TX (Insurance policies and related services to the construction industry) 2013 - 20145
Web Application Developer (one year assignment)
- Managed a high-visibility project to correct bugs, enhance performance, and add features to a large insurance group’s web portal.
- Developed systems used to gather information for computing premiums, providing proof of insurance, filing claims, and producing reports.
- Leveraged multiple technologies to develop applications customized to the business’s unique requirements, including Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Git, Bootstrap, and Capistrano.
BRIGGS EQUIPMENT, Dallas, TX (Largest materials handling supplier in the world) 2008 - 20135
Web Application Developer
- Programmed an online rental tracking system for the sales department, providing immediate status information about company rental equipment.
- Developed and deployed an application used in company acquisitions to transfer data of the acquired company into existing business systems; used a customized Ruby program to convert and format data.
- Designed accounts receivable dynamic online reports that saved over 150 manager hours per year and enhanced the effectiveness of manager meetings.
- Created a reporting system application that tracked equipment utilization and age of fleet by branch, and also developed interactive trending charts.
CRUMP LIFE INSURANCE, Dallas, TX (Property and casualty insurance broker) 2007 - 20085
Web Application Developer
- Managed Internet and Intranet application development, implementation administration, and support processes to ensure the availability, operability, and of all software assets.
- Developed software platforms according to business requirements and industry best practices, ensuring the stable, secure operation of enterprise web sites and applications.
- Collaborated with technical support teams during implementation and administration initiatives; developed reliable solutions to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Implemented a web-based employee directory, redesigned the company website, optimized SEO, developed new security features, and used analytics and tracking data to ensure that design deliverables were achieved.
DOCUCORP INTERNATIONAL, Dallas, TX (Document automation software and services company) 2001 - 20075
Web Application Developer
- Created and implemented enterprise software applications, performing coding, testing, and launch processes; ensured that all software development efforts complied with operational standards.
- Performed system requirements analyses to account for reliability, human factors, and software quality assurance; worked with other developers and technology experts to isolate and resolve development-related issues.
- Drove continuous improvement initiatives for enterprise software solutions that achieved enhanced operational quality and performance.
Associate Computer Science Degree, Technical College, Atlanta GA, 1992
Undergraduate studies at Milligan College, Johnson City Tennessee, 1987
Computer Science Tech Certification Diploma, Erie, PA, 1985